We can't protect what we don't know. Flag and correlate for simple indicators or what shouldn't be happening.
- Automatically discovers new data stores in your cloud environment
- Detects misconfigurations and analyzes permissions to cloud data stores
- Finds and classifies sensitive data
- Monitors how data is actually used via proprietary query analysis
- Tracks data lineage all the way to archival and deletion
In the post-COVID world, perimeters have disappeared and the line between insiders and outsiders has blurred.
Bad actors may choose to attempt a different tact… making it easier for insiders to accidentally misroute confidential information
People are highly complex in terms of what motivates them, e.g. someone with financial problems may think they are entitled to a share of company profits.
Companies should implement, enforce, and, perhaps most importantly, regularly updates policies and controls to account for routine uses of data and any new uses of data.
Leveraging machine learning to rapidly cull through the growing mountain of data and provide actionable alerts with minimal false positives is where the industry is moving.